WHAT ENTRANCE DOES
Entrance software consultants solve real-world challenges for clients in energy and industry.
Our values are:
•Find a Way
If you think this list sounds like you, then you need to come be a part of our growing Entrance team. Our engineers address changing industry needs in close collaboration with our clients. Teamwork and open communication is a huge part of our culture, and our experienced managers practice agile delivery to create unique solutions for our clients.
- Prepare and maintain project schedules
- Compile project data and produce project reports
- Provide expertise on technical tools and project templates
- Provide expertise and support on technical tools, project templates and project status for team members
- Provide subject matter expertise on project management systems
- Manage project risks and issues
- Communicate project costs, quality, schedule, issues and decisions to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Develop work plan and schedule
- Manage project scope and budget
- Provide project team leadership
- Provide mentoring to team on processes, strategies and project skills
- Provide guidance and set direction
- Mentor junior team members in best practices.
- 4-8 years of Project Management experience. Consulting experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a closely related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly and simply to clients
- Proven ability to handle/resolve conflict
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to manage frequent change
- Project administration
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- MS Office experienced user
- Well versed in Microsoft technology stack: .NET, SQL, SharePoint, IIS, etc.
- Experienced building project schedules
- Experience with a project management scheduling software
- Quick learner
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to learn quickly
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Agile project management experience is a plus.
- Software development fundamentals (including object-oriented design, multi-layer design, debugging, etc.)
- Technical Skills:
- C# 4.0+
- ASP.NET 4.0+
- Web user interface design
- HTTP and HTML
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Microsoft Office SharePoint development experience is not required but is a plus
- Silverlight/WPF development experience is not required but is a plus
- Project Management Professional Designation
- Experience with industry software development methodologies, esp. Scrum
- Agile Project Management training
- Ability grow an account by taking a lead role and identifying follow-on work
- Responsible for project delivery
- Leading project teams consisting of BA, QA, and developers
- Experience forecasting project spend and schedule based on earned value
- Process improvement experience
- Formal leadership training
- PMI Certification
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Generous benefits plan includes medical/dental/vision, short-term and long-term disability, critical illness plan, and life insurance through United Health Care and Guardian insurance provider.
- Entrance contribution of up to $6,000 per year to offset employee premiums
- Contribution above covers 100% of single employee insurance premium
- For employees with families, Entrance offers a cafeteria-style plan that includes both low and high deductible insurance options
- 401(k) with company match up to 4% of salary, plus discretionary annual profit-sharing.
- 3 weeks paid time off per year in addition to 8 company holidays per year.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Company-paid training towards certification and professional development.
- Great office location in the Heights area in Houston, TX.
- Little to no travel.
- Business casual plus jeans work environment.
- Stocked kitchen (gourmet coffee, smoothie station, drinks, snacks and candy), catered breakfasts and lots of fun company events!
Open positions are full-time and direct hire roles. We are unable to offer H1 Visa sponsorship. Local candidates preferred as we are unable to offer relocation at this time. No third parties please.
Job offers for this position will be contingent on a pre-employment screening, which may include (but is not limited to) a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, and certifications, and/or verification of work history.